What to Expect
We discuss relevant medical history, current state of health, eating habits, and lifestyle. From here, we outline your goals and draft your nutrition care plan.
The initial session provides a framework for understanding where you are, where you’d like to be, and what your road will look like.
- 60-90 minutes
A chance to revisit and reestablish goals and your progress. We review what is working or falling short, and update your plan. You receive guidance, education and resources as needed.
- 15-30 minutes
Check with your Plan
For clients in New York, check with your insurance company to see if I am in-network for your plan. Your medical insurance is likely to cover the cost of the appointment with a primary medical referral, or with certain chronic conditions.
- You can speak with your insurance to find out if nutrition counseling is covered
- Ask about coverage for procedure codes 97802, 97803 and S9470
- Find out if a prior authorization is needed
- Ask for anything in writing in order to avoid being held responsible for charges
- Send me a message if you have questions
Through Zaya Care, I provide nutrition counseling for women’s health. Under this group, you do not need to file a claim for reimbursement. I accept the following insurances:
- Aetna (pending)
- Empire BlueCross BlueShield
- EmblemHealth (HIP)
- United/Oxford Freedom
- Check back for updates!
- Fertility and hormone balance
- Healthy pregnancy and new mom nutrition
- Gestational diabetes meal planning
- Infant through toddler nutrition (age 10 months to 5 years)
Visit ZayaCare.com to schedule your appointment.